Where to hire skis in Mayrhofen?
The range of ski hire options in Mayrhofen is pretty good. They all stock good quality gear and will be within a similar price range. The chance of a discount in resort is slim, however, there will be an opportunity to save on your ski hire if you book in advance. We partner with Skiset who have 2 ski hire venues in Mayrhofen and a very straight forward online booking system and offer some strong discounts pre-arrival.
If you have not rented ski equipment before then here are a few tips from https://www.ski-insurance.com.au/ski-rental-tips/
The Do’s Of Renting
- Do inspect your skis to make sure you are getting high-quality equipment for great performance.
- Do try your gear on. Never hire ski equipment without making sure it fits! Try on your boots, get a feel for your skis. You want to make sure the snow gear that you are paying to use works for you.
- Do ask around before renting. Ski towns are filled with rental shops. Ask other holiday travellers, read reviews, talk to the employees at your hotel or lodge. Take the time to find out where the reputable shops are.
- Do report any damage before taking anything out of a rental shop, even if it is cosmetic. While most rental shops are honest and have the best intentions, you can fall into a ski rental scam, or even a misunderstanding on the part of the rental shop. If you return gear with flaws or damage, you may have to pay for it.
The Don’ts Of Renting
- Don’t accept damaged or inferior products, which can lead to injury. Flimsy snow boots or low-quality skis can put you at risk on the slopes.
- Don’t feel rushed because the rental shop is busy. It is tempting to get what you need and run out. Take the time to know what you are getting and to ensure it is the proper equipment for you, and save yourself the hassle of having to return to a busy store!
- Don’t settle for lesser products for a cheap price. When it comes to winter sports, quality means safety. Trust your company and trust your equipment.
- Don’t expect a busy employee to remember your boots were scratched pre-hire. Take a picture, get it in writing. This is a sure way to prevent extra charges being levelled against you for damage you are not responsible for.